Career counseling is intended to help you to establish career goals, confirm career/educational choices already made, and/or to transition from one profession to another.
A career counselor is available to assist you with a variety of career services, including:
- career selection
- job search
- application and resume reviews
Contact Student Services at 757.789.1720
Resume and Job Posting Sites
Looking for that ideal job?
ESCC uses College Central Network as its official resume and job posting service.
CareerShift’s set of tools and applications provide a very unique opportunity to job hunters. With CareerShift.com you can:
- Search and store jobs from all the major job boards, company websites, newspapers and anywhere else a job is posted on the internet.
- Get inside contact information immediately, including email addresses, for millions of companies, even alumni, then save and manage your lists.
- Create as many targeted resumes and cover letters needed or upload your current documents.
- Automatically create unlimited e-mail campaigns with your saved contacts, resumes and cover letters. You can choose to send your lists to yourself for a postal campaign. Since you choose your resumes’ destination, it’s a confidential marketing campaign.
- Campaigns are automatically saved and recorded to your MY CALENDAR, you can keep notes and set reminders for follow-ups.
Contact Student Services at 757.789.1720 to receive the ESCC group code for CareerShift
Select Eastern Shore Employer Websites
- A & N Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Accomack County Emergency Services
- Accomack County School District
- Atlantic Tractor LLC
- Butler Manufacturing Co.
- Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel
- Coastal Aerospace, Inc.
- Eastern Shore Rural Health
- Food Lion LLC
- Honeywell Technology Solution
- Lockheed Martin Corp
- Marine Resources Commission
- NASA Wallops Space Flight Facility
- Navy Reserve
- Northampton, County of
- Northrop Grumman
- Paws Love Me, LLC
- Perdue Farms, Inc.
- Sharp Energy, Inc.
- Shore Health Services, Inc.
- State Police, Virginia Dept.
- Sun Trust Bank
- United States Coast Guard
- United States Fish and Wildlife
- Virginia Department of Transportation
- Virginia Space Grant Consortium
- Zimmerman Associates
Other Career Websites
- The Art Career Project
- Career One Stop
- College Grad
- Industry Certifications/Testing
- Master’s in Education
- Marketing Schools
- Teaching Certification
- AllBusiness: Your Small Business Advantage – Careers
Still not sure what career is right for you? Take a free assessment. (Warning: Please note that some of these sites will try to sell you an advanced assessment).
- Virginia Education Wizard – Interest, Values, and Skills Assessments
- Career Keys
- Personality Assessment
Who you know can have a powerful influence on your career. Learn ways to get to know the right people.
Chambers of Commerce
Want to start your own business? Connect to business leaders in your local community through the Chamber of Commerce.
Resume and Cover Letter Writing
A good resume will get you an interview. These experts will help you develop your resume.
- 44 Resume Writing Tips
- Job Hunters Bible
- Job Star Central
- The Owl at Purdue: Resumes
- Resume Writing
- Resume Writing Service
A cover letter creates your first impression. Find out how to prepare a great one.
- Cover Letters
- Microsoft Office Online: Cover Letter Templates
- The Owl at Purdue: Cover Letters
- 200 Cover Letters
Appearance and manners can be what makes the difference. If most of your meals are eaten in the car, on the run, or in front of the TV, check out what to do when the boss takes you to lunch.
- Dressing for Success
- Dining Etiquette
- How to Dress for Success at Work
- Job Interviews: How to Dress
- More Dining Etiquette (U.Del)
Job Offer, Salary, Relocation Information
What should I expect to get paid? What is the best approach if the salary offer is too low?