Job Opportunities Submitted to ESCC
Hiring Event 7/24-7/25 Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services
We are excited to inform you of employment opportunities with our department. There is an upcoming hiring event and would like to invite you to participate. The event is located at Salisbury University on Saturday and Sunday July 24-25, 2021. Our process has improved offering a hybrid option of an interview in person or online. When applicants attend a hiring event, they get immediate feedback and if a conditional offer is given, you can receive a head start on the Background Investigation process on the same day! We have included a link for registration and the application for your convenience.
|PRE-Registration Form for Correctional Officer I (COI) Hiring Events * 2021|
|COI Application Linkhttps://www.jobapscloud.com/MD/sup/bulpreview.asp?R1=16&R2=004080&R3=0001|
|Please encourage applicants to complete an application online and contact us for an interview.410-339-3696|
Part-Time Seasonal Help Needed for ESCC Bookstore (Follett)
As a Retail Associate, you will be interacting with students with a commitment to delighting our customers in our vibrant store culture in any or all the following ways, working the cash register, stocking shelving, processing on-line orders, shipping, and receiving and other tasks that may be needed.
This is a seasonal position at the campus bookstore that may require you to have availability to work on a weekly basis for a period of less than 90 days with occasional weekends, and flexibility in scheduling for opening, midday, or closing shifts.
What You Do:
- Operate cash register, accepting cash, credit or financial aid payments.
- Carry, shelve and straightens merchandise, stocks shelves, prices merchandise and may assist in setting up displays and signs.
- Pick, process and pack orders for shipping
- May provide customer service/sales functions for special events (including but not limited to graduation and athletic events)
- Support a store environment where all associates and customers are welcome
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age to be considered for employment.
- Strong customer service skills including effective communication.
- Ability to stand on your feet for the length of your shift
- Ability to lift 25-50 lbs regularly with or without reasonable accommodations
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload.
To apply or learn more please visit Follett Bookstore.
Admin and Office Spec III Coastal Region Stewardship Technician
Admin and Office Spec IIICoastal Region Natural Areas Stewardship Technician, Division of Natural Heritage. The position closes on: 07/20/2021.
Hiring Range: $15.00 There are no health benefits or paid vacation leave associated with the job. Employees are limited to working no more than 1500 hours in 12 months from May 1 to April 30.
The Coastal Region consists of the Virginia Eastern Shore (Lower Delmarva Peninsula) including Northampton and Accomack counties, plus the cities of Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Portsmouth and Norfolk in Tidewater Virginia. The successful candidate will be based on the Eastern Shore of Virginia and work out of the Coastal Operations Center in the Town of Belle Haven. The Coastal Region Stewardship Technician is responsible for assisting with resource management activities, monitoring public use, and work on maintaining trails and other public access facilities. Occasional weekend work may be required.
Duties:Conduct walking trail, observation platform, and facilities maintenance.Assist with resource management activities, including invasive species management and biological resource monitoring.Provide on-site presence and provide interpretation about natural resources and preserve rules at Coastal Region State Natural Area Preserves, as needed and directed.Help to ensure a balance between resource protection and public use.
Minimum QualificationsGraduation from high school or equivalent. Valid driver’s license required and experience driving a tow vehicle with a utility trailer.Experience working outdoors.Ability to follow directions and work independently.
Preferred QualificationsExperience with pesticide application.CPR and First Aid certification or willingness to secure said certification.Virginia Boater Safety Certificate and ability to operate a small vessel.
Special RequirementsThere are no health benefits or paid vacation leave associated with the job. Employees are limited to working no more than 1500 hours in 12 months from May 1 to April 30. Position does not include benefits.
Special Instructions to ApplicantsState applications will only be accepted as submitted online by 11:59 pm on the closing date through the Recruitment Management System (RMS). State applications submitted via email, postal mail, fax, or in person will not be considered. This website will provide a confirmation of receipt when the application is submitted successfully. Please refer to “Your Application” in your RMS Account to check the status of your application for this position. The Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer by both policy and practice. Women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Employment in all positions within the Virginia State Parks is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check
Submit Application here: https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/232915
Class A CDL Truck Drivers Wanted
Positions available at Liquid Transfer LLC:
- Great pay
- Home most nights and weekends
- Would Be Pulling a Tanker and / or Dryvan
- Must have Class A CDL
- Medical Exam
- Two Years minimum experience
For more information contact Ernesto Briones at 757-302-3219
Please leave your name, number, and a brief message.
Dos Santos Part-Time Executive Director
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall operational responsibility for the Dos Santos programs and execution of its mission. She or he will develop a sufficient knowledge of the core programs, operations, and business plans of the organization to effectively carry out the mission of the organization. Job Description info is available here. Contact Debbie Daniels for application information.
NSROC Mechanical Engineering Group Position at Wallops
Job Description/Essential Functions:
- Perform range of duties at the integration and testing facilities used by the NASA Sounding Rockets Program.
- Must have ability to use computerized equipment and software to perform testing and capture results. General knowledge and skills used with electronics. Programming experience preferred.
- Analysis and communication skills needed to interpret and convert test data into usable form and to prepare data format and plotted data to engineers or customers.
- Responsible for setting up, performing, and tearing down test setups and configurations to test sounding rocket payloads, hardware, and components.
- Perform non-routine and complex assignments involving flight qualification of sounding rocket payloads and components.
- Must operate, maintain, and troubleshoot electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic testing equipment.
- Set up and operate electronic instrumentation and related apparatus used for vibration, dynamic balancing, spin, and mass properties machines.
- Design and coordinate test setups for Ling vibration shakers, Gisholt dynamic balance machine, space electronics mass properties machine, thermal vacuum chambers, magnetic calibration equipment, and others as needed.
- Operate test equipment including: vibration testing tables, dynamic balance machine, moment of inertia table, spin deploy test cell, commercial cameras, and processing of photos and videos for archiving tests completed.
- Performance maintenance on vibration tables, amplifiers, tables, and control systems.
- Modify fixtures and apparatus used in testing of payloads and components.
- Perform complex test data manipulation to archive and deliver to test engineers and mission engineers.
- Working knowledge of frequencies and bandwidth, acceleration terminology, vacuum pumps, center of gravity, and mechanical assembly/disassembly.
- Working skills with standard Windows based computers, MS office (Word, Excel, etc.), hand tools (drivers, wrenches, etc.), power tools (cordless drills and drivers, etc.), and consumer grade video cameras with associated hardware (cam corders, GoPros, tripods, etc.)
Training: Must be able to obtain:
- Crane Operator
- Fork Lift Operation
- Electrostatic Discharge Control
- Ordnance Awareness
- General Safety Awareness
- Hazardous Material Handling
- High Pressure Operator
- Cryogenic Safety
- Ordnance / Pyrotechnics Certification
- High School diploma, or equivalent military/trade school/aerospace experience.
- 5-8+ years of related experience.
- Familiarity with reading and executing procedures and interpreting drawings and schematics.
- Competent with hand, power, and electrical diagnostic tools including drill press, tapping threads, etc.
AS Degree in Electronics, Technology
Upholster Position at CMC Sew
Cathy Mares Custom Sewing is looking to hire for a full time upholster. CMC Sew is a very busy custom home decor workroom located in downtown Charlottesville. We work with designers and the public to produce high quality, custom window treatments, bedding, cushions, pillows, slip covers and upholstery.
The position we have pays weekly based on experience. We are willing to train the right applicant. Applicant must be able to read a tape measure, operate several types of hand tools as well as several types of sewing machines, and be able to lift minimum of 50lbs. Applicant must take pride in their work and be able to communicate and discuss each project. We are open Monday-Friday from 9-5. Applicants can reach us by phone 434-984-0933, by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Farm Team Position at AREC
Applicant must be at least 18 years of age and have a drivers license. This is a summer position only and perfect for a college student. AREC (Eastern Shore Agricultural Research and Extension Center) is in Painter, VA. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Full-Time Veterinary Assistant Position
Atlantic Animal Hospital is a two doctor dog and cat exclusive practice. We practice high quality medicine and surgery in a family atmosphere. We treat our clients and patients with the same care as we would our own families.
Veterinary Assistant overview:
Position available immediately for a full time Veterinary Assistant to join our busy team. We want a self-starter with an attention to detail, the ability to lift 40 lbs, excellent communication skills and a strong work ethic. Our staff is compassionate and committed to providing the best patient care and client services. This job includes animal handling and care, lab work/sample testing, client education, maintenance of the workplace, care of hospitalized dogs and cats, excellent customer service and working with a diverse group of animal loving co workers! This position requires physical fitness (lots of walking during curbside). Previous experience in a vet clinic is preferred. This position offers a strong benefits package and on the job training. For the foreseeable future, this position includes curbside service outside during a significant portion of the day.
Job Type : Full-time
- 401(k) employer matched
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Occasional Weekends
Toll Collector Position at CBBT
Duties: Collecting tolls; recording transactions; providing customer service and information; preparing records.
Greets motorists courteously;
Observes and classifies vehicles; collects and receipts proper tolls;
Records vehicles and tolls in computerized system;
Provides information to motorists concerning services and attractions, weather conditions and bridge status;
Checks large vehicles for height and width;
Distributes maps, brochures and publications;
Counts, wraps and accounts for monies, scrip and passes received;
Prepares bank deposit;
Cleans and stocks booth;
Performs related tasks as required.
This position requires employees to work outside, and potentially in excess of, normally scheduled hours in response to District needs, including but not limited to, accidents, incidents and/or weather events.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
General knowledge of the methods and procedures of cashier duties; general knowledge of bridge-tunnel operations, policies and procedures; ability to make arithmetical calculations and to count and handle monies with speed and accuracy; ability to serve the public courteously; ability to follow oral and written directions.
Education and Experience:
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school and some clerical experience of a responsible nature, including the handling of monies.
Primary schedule is all weekends and Holidays, but flexible work schedule is required.
For more information 757-331-2960 and ask for HR or Operations and visit http://www.cbbt.com/whats-new/employment/ to apply.
Packing House Equipment Technician
Duties include operation and maintenance of Veryx Optical Sorter; assisting with other equipment; farm maintenance. Desired skills include problem solving, communication skills, retention of learned concepts, and proficiency with basic computer user interface. Wage based on experience. Apply by emailing a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional info supplied by employer: The job is full time. The hours and days vary. The job will start in the next few weeks. The equipment that the candidate will be working with will be installed in our packing shed in the next 2-3 weeks. Representatives from the company will conduct training on the new equipment once it is installed. During that time the hours will be from 8am – 5pm. Our packing shed will operate beginning in late May or early June, depending on when the bean crop is ready to be harvested. Once we begin harvesting, the hours will change to about 4pm until all the beans from that day are graded, packaged and shipped. The shift could last 6-15 hours. It all depends on how many loads of beans we have that day. The days will vary as well. We will harvest everyday possible, but some days we will be unable to due to the weather or if the beans are not ready to be harvested. The season lasts until the end of October. If the candidate is willing to travel to Florida, our crew will work there until the middle of December. After that the crew returns to Virginia to complete maintenance on the equipment in Virginia. In March the crew returns to Florida and works there until May.
Field Engineer in Training (Charlottesville) with PEG
We are excited to promote our Field Engineer In Training position as a new career opportunity to upcoming graduates at Eastern Shore Community College!
Qualified candidates must live in the assigned area to be considered for the position. This position has a radius of 100 miles with Charlottesville at its center. The position requires the use of the employee’s personal vehicle to transport them from job site to job site. The vehicle must be reliable and big enough to house company equipment securely without it getting wet. We usually recommend a sedan or bigger. The starting salary for this position is $40K.
You can find the job description and application for Charlottesville, VA here.
Please help us spread the word and do not hesitate to give us a call at 703-934-2777 or email email@example.com if you have any questions.
You can always find all of our open positions by visiting us at www.pegenv.com/careers.
Virtual Intern Position with Political Campaign
● Assist with and conduct donor research
● Staff virtual fundraising events or virtual call time
● Create social media content
● Assist with political outreach
● Assist staff as need on other projects as the campaign scales up
● Self-starter who is willing to wear multiple hats to accomplish the mission.
● Responsive and willing to commit at least 5 hours of work each week to the campaign.
● No prior experience necessary; just a positive attitude, and willingness to learn.
To apply, please send your resume to James Hartnett at firstname.lastname@example.org.