Job Opportunities Submitted to ESCC
Building Inspector-Northampton County
Northampton County is accepting applications for a full-time Building Inspector. The essential function of this position is to perform building inspections. Provides customer service and clerical duties.
Requires high school diploma or GED, supplemented by one year of experience in building construction. Experience as a building inspector is desired.
Requires valid Virginia Driver’s License.
Excellent communication skills are essential. This salary range $34,819 to $56, 285.
Please refer to Northampton County’s website for further job descriptions, requirements and county’s application form https://www.co.northampton.va.us/government/jobs_opportunities/job_openings. Please submit completed County application form with cover letter to Human Resources, P. O. Box 66, Eastville, VA 23347 by October 28, 2022. Northampton County is an EOE.
Correctional Dietary Officer Trainee-MD Dept. of Corrections- Westover
A Correctional Dietary Officer Trainee Cooking is the entry level of work involving the custody, security and supervision of adult inmates in food preparation and serving of meals at correctional institutions. Employees in this classification do not supervise other positions. Employees in this classification receive close supervision from a Correctional Dietary Supervisor or Correctional Dietary Services Supervisor. Employees are assigned to day, evening, night or rotating shifts. Employees are subject to call-in during emergencies and staffing shortages.
Position duties include:
- Learns how to maintain control and discipline of inmates working in kitchen and dining room areas
- Learns how to keep continual count of assigned inmates.
- Learns how to search inmates in order to prevent concealment of equipment, cutlery, food and other unauthorized items.
- Learns how to enforce rules of conduct among inmates and when to prepare reports of infractions.
- Learns how to subdue and restrain inmates during fights, riots and escape attempts.
- Maintains sanitary kitchen conditions including supervision of the washing of pots, pans, dishes, counters and the cleaning of meat grinders and slicers and dining and kitchen areas.
- Learns Division of Correction regulations, institutional directives and post orders.
- Learns to ensure that inmate workers adhere to Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point Regulations in food sanitation and food safety in an institutional setting.
- Learns to train and supervise assigned inmates preparing vegetables, meats, salads, beverages and other foods.
- Learns to operate kitchen equipment and appliances such as mixers, cookers, ovens, stoves, toasters and coffee urns.
- Learns to measure and mix ingredients according to recipes.
- May perform work in any one of the specialized options during staffing shortages and emergencies.
Seasonal Data Field Technician VMRC
This program includes the Access Point Angler Intercept Survey/APAIS and requires face-to-face interviews with marine recreational anglers. Field staff will travel to assigned sites to interview anglers about their fishing experiences, collect a variety of information, and weigh, measure, and identify fish by species name that the anglers have caught. Assigned sites can include beaches, piers, docks/jetties, and access points for private charter and head boats, including marinas, boat ramps and other points of entry to marine waters. Field staff is responsible for entering this data on a Samsung tablet while speaking with anglers at these sites. Paper forms may be used in the event that the tablet becomes non-functioning.
There will be a 2-day training in the actual MRIP procedures including a Fish ID test and a Procedures Test. After becoming qualified to conduct the APAIS there will be on-site training to get the applicant comfortable conducting the survey.
Qualifications: Must be 21 years old. Must have a valid Virginia driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle; personal vehicle use is reimbursed at 62.5 cents per mile, be willing to travel a reasonable distance to reach assigned sites; be available on weekends and weekdays, with additional availability during some evenings and nights. Individuals should be comfortable approaching and speaking with strangers; handling, measuring, and weighing fish; and working outside for extended periods of time in variable weather conditions. Must demonstrate communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and follow prescribed procedures. Must be computer savvy in Word and Excel, and be able to copy, scan and send data from home.
Knowledge of fish species with experience in the area of recreational angling and familiarity of marine waterways in their local area is required.
Location and Hours: The seasonal data technicians may be required to work a minimum of three (3) 6 hour shifts a week although this is not a guarantee; must have flexible availability and be able to work any and all of the following shifts: 2am – 8am; 8am -2pm; 11am – 5pm; 2 pm-8 pm and 8pm – 2am; regular weekend work will be required and seasonal staff may be required to work up to 12 hours each weekend. The 2am-8am and 8pm-2 am are infrequent and always conducted with 2 Interviewers. Pay is computed at on-site time and administrative requirements such as timesheet and expense form submission. Starting Salary is $16.50 p/h
Those interested may contact Jeff Allen at 757-325-8994 or email at
Peer Tutor-Math and English at ESCC
Provide individual tutoring in specified discipline for which hired and integrate study and learning strategies to promote independent learning.
Tutor students in specified discipline and encourage students to develop a systemic approach to studying that will serve them in many courses. Participate in professional development offerings. Meet with Academic Skills Advisor to plan appropriate academic support for students. Refer students to appropriate campus resources as needed. Keep and maintain regular and accurate records of tutoring sessions using the appropriate forms. Reach out to students in the program and encourage them to come in for academic support. Perform other duties consistent with the position of Peer Tutor.
Marketing Director at Shore History in Onancock
Founded as the Eastern Shore of Virginia Historical Society. Full-time position with flexibility. Duties include generating press releases; writing content for a variety of marketing materials, internal documents, and correspondence; designing and/or coordinating print, radio, and digital advertising; maintaining website and social media channels; participation on internal committees, including development/strategic planning; assisting with coordination of various types of events; other administrative duties as needed. Prefer experience with Microsoft Office Suite and InDesign. Salary starts at $45,000 and is commensurate with experience.
Email for details and application information email@example.com
Internship at Commonwealth Senior Living in Onancock
Commonwealth Senior Living is seeking early career applicants who have a strong desire to work in the senior living industry. The healthcare administration intern will be exposed to all areas of operations at the community level and will have an opportunity to interact 1:1 with each department leader. This internship prepares candidates to manage an assisted living facility; working side by side with the administrator in a long-term care setting while learning the ins and outs of each department and receiving mentorship from department heads and experienced leaders in the industry.
Commonwealth Senior Living is a recognized leader in senior living, employing around 2,000 associates, and is a four consecutive year recipient of the Great Place to Work certification! We provide numerous opportunities for career growth by investing in creating a culture of great leaders. Some of our signature programs include The Developing Leaders Program, The Center of Excellence, and the Executive Director in Training Program.
This is a paid internship.
Hours: 20-40 hours week.
Pay Rate: $12.00
Location: 23610 North St. Onancock, VA 23417
Here is what to expect during your 10-week rotation:
- You will rotate and work 1:1 with each department including front office and executive administration, resident care, programming, dining, sales, and maintenance.
- Meet weekly with different members from Senior Leadership in our Home Office to gain an understanding and a high-level overview of each department.
- Participate in meetings with department leaders and staff to further understand operations management and all aspects involved in creating a home like atmosphere for our residents
- Assist with various operational projects as directed by the Executive Director and Business Office Manager
- Develop relationships with various personnel to understand organizational structure
- You will identify an opportunity for improvement, or develop an initiative that will benefit the community, and will present this to the leadership team upon completion of your rotation.
Business Office: Gain knowledge of general HR policies, procedures, FMLA, and the Worker’s Compensation process. Develop recruitment strategies and interviewing techniques. Organize and assist with the facilitation of Jump Start and other employee trainings.
Patient Care: In keeping with our community theme, Commonwealth Senior Living refers to our individuals in the communities as residents. You will work with the Resident Care Director to help organize charts and paperwork. Assist with archiving records, disposal of expired medicines if applicable, and reaching out to families to schedule care conferences.
Resident Programming: Assist with outings and events. Offer any unique talents you might have to coordinate resident programs.
Sales & Marketing: You will shadow the Sales Director to gain an understanding of the customer journey experience (relationship building through phone calls, community experiences, etc.).
Dining Services: Develop an understanding of the menu creation process (how to order, prepare, serve, post service), and gain an understanding of the financials of PRD’s and budgeting.
Maintenance & Capital Programs: Understanding emergency systems and their functions. Develop knowledge in housekeeping standards, MEPs (Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing) processes, and Operational Maintenance budget.
- Seeking a degree in Healthcare Administration, Human Services, Business Administration, or related field.
- Must possess a spirit of cooperation and enthusiasm
- Must maintain confidentiality
- Must use tact and courtesy in dealing with staff, residents, their families, and visitors.
- Demonstrate a warm, outgoing, and compassionate personality.
- Demonstrated integrity, maturity, and leadership skills.
- Able to live out Commonwealth Senior Living’s Noble selling purpose – “We improve the lives of seniors, their families, and each other.”
You must create an online profile here for the application process.
New Ravenna Content Specialist
New Ravenna is in search of a full-time content specialist to join our in-house marketing team in Exmore, VA. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the candidate will work closely with our Marketingteam to create exceptional photos and videos that our clients and the world will love. The content specialist willcreate media that fully captures the beauty of our unique products in settings that apply to residentialapplications.
The candidate should be passionate about photography and have experience capturing and editing high-quality product and lifestyle imagery. The right candidate will be comfortable shooting and managing both regular, recurring production projects as well as large campaigns with speed and efficiency, always resulting in beautiful imagery. Creativity, the ability to project plan, and attention to detail are essential qualities to success in this role.
- Work daily in a self-managed photography studio following standardized guidance to produce imagery that meets brand guidelines. Your photos will be shown on New Ravenna’s website, socialmedia channels, catalogs, advertising, and other marketing assets. Additionally, your photos may regularly appear in external editorial settings such as client presentations, magazine stories, client websites and social media, etc.
- Work with Graphic Design Manager to create shot lists which will be followed on a prioritized basis. Ensure daily workload is accurately documented, achieved, and reported to Marketing Director and Graphic Designer
- Execute shot lists while being able to adjust on the fly as needed, accommodate feedback, and add value where possible
- Ensure that product photography accurately represents the customer experience
- Assume responsibility for inventory, care, upkeep, and maintenance of studio workspace and equipment
- Perform regular administrative duties relevant to studio operations
- Design and style sets to create professional, refined, on-brand photos and videos
- Order decorative items, hardware, and furniture for set photography, within budget set by Marketing Director. If a budget adjustment needs to be made, you will fully document the proposal and explainthe cost and benefit of the purchase
- Identify offsite locations for set photography, work with external vendors over phone and email to arrange shoot dates and payment
- Manage creative and collaborative relationships for prop exchanges
- Coordinate and hire models for set photography
- Produce New Employee headshot photos
- Photograph and take video of New Ravenna hosted events
- Take “behind the scenes” process photos and video inside our factory and design studio, showcasing our facility, people, processes, and talent
- Perform file trafficking duties including uploading and downloading files, file naming and storage, andcorrespond with internal and external stakeholders on deliverables
- Edit photo content per SOP and on deadline for handoff to post-production (Graphic Design Manager)
- Edit ready-to-post social media photo and video, formatting the media to each platform’s standards
- Assist the marketing and sales departments with additional tasks as needed
- Creative: You are in-the-know about current trends, have an artistic eye, and are not afraid to suggest experiments with photo composition
- Detail and Process Oriented: You consistently produce imagery in line with brand guidelines within time and resource constraints
- A Team Player: You’re organized and communicate clearly and calmly under pressure with your team
- Discerning: You have an acute ability to read lighting and master photography guidelines, easily differentiating and replicating the unique visual identities of our brand and products
- Adventurous: You suggest new ways of doing things and take the initiative to learn something new.
Plus, you’re comfortable photographing objects, people, nature, and animals
- A Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years of professional photography experience (video experience is a huge plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent email etiquette
- Detailed knowledge of photography and lighting
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Bridge
- Experience using Microsoft Business Tools (especially Word, Excel, Outlook) and the Google Suite
- Experience running business social media accounts such as Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, TikTok
- Content to share with us that demonstrates your skill level and technical abilities
- Experience working collaboratively with a team, on-site and remotely
- Ability to follow guidance and adjust to feedback and critique from stakeholders
- Ability to create a solid composition while adhering to brand guidelines
- An understanding and excitement for luxury interior design
- Flexibility to adjust hours and to travel to offsite locations as needed
If you are interested in the opportunity, please send your resume to Kristi Shaffer, Talent and Culture Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dominion Energy Positions Available
· Job #: 40337
· Posting Closes: 7/24/2022 at 11:59 pm EDT
· Location: Mineral, VA
· Total Openings: 12
- Nuclear Control Room Operator Trainee – 40337 – (Flyer) Nuclear Control Operator Trainee positions.
- Nuclear Careers Recruiting Card – Provides additional information about our Nuclear business and locations.
- Stay Connected and Apply – This document provides simple steps for how to create a profile on our Careers page, upload a resume, set up job search alerts, and begin monitoring our career opportunities.
Impact Internship Program
University Startups, an award-winning educational technology company, invites Eastern Shore Community College students to participate in its Impact Internship Program.
Interns will work for University Startups and all work is completed online. Each week University Startups will post educational and business-related content online, and our interns will provide feedback on those materials. It takes only 20-30 minutes each week. It’s that simple. An internship with University Startups provides networking opportunities and exclusive educational experiences. This internship is a great experience to put on your resume, and interns receive rewards, badges and titles that also can be included on the resume.
Please use this link to begin your application. https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/6868062/Impact-Internship?code=e45tCc
Virginia Organizing (Eastern Shore Organizing Position)
Virginia Organizing is a non-partisan statewide grassroots organization dedicated to challenging injustice by empowering people in local communities to address issues that affect the quality of their lives. Founded in 1995, Virginia Organizing has 16 active local chapters across the state.
As a community organizer, you will build power for long-term change. Day to day, you will recruit new members into the organization, develop members into leaders by sharing new skills, strategize and build local campaigns on issues of local concern, and move people to action on Virginia Organizing’s statewide priorities. As part of a diverse, hard-working, and values-driven staff, you will help real people make real change at the local, state, and national levels.
Specifically, your work will include:
- Conducting face-to-face meetings with community residents;
- Maintaining relationships with new contacts, members, and leaders through phone calls and in-person visits;
- Facilitating local campaign strategy discussions among chapter leaders;
- Securing organizational endorsements, local government resolutions, letters to the editor, and media coverage for statewide campaigns;
- Preparing leaders for meetings, public speaking, and media interviews;
- Soliciting donations from individuals and hold other grassroots fundraisers; and,
- Completing administrative tasks—including monthly workplans and weekly activity reports—thoroughly and promptly.
Part-time Activity Assistant at Commonwealth Senior Living
Commonwealth Senior Living is hiring for a Part-time Activity Assistant. 30 hours, 5 days a week 9-4 with an hour lunch break. $12.50-$14.00 per hour DOE. Schedule will include every other weekend. Contact Lindsay at: 757-787-4343 or email email@example.com.
VDACS Positions Available
Potato Inspectors and Relief Commodity Graders are being sought by the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. Complete details and application information is available here. Deadline for application for both positions is May 26, 2022.
Shipping Assistant at New Ravenna
We are currently seeking a Shipping Assistant to assist the Shipping Manager with day-to-day duties. This person
will be responsible for answering the phone whether it be an internal team member, a contract shipper, Federal
Express, UPS or any number of vendors. You would gather the information needed for shipments to go out
accurately, smoothly and on-time. You are adept at software programs and learning new techniques. You must
have detailed experience in the use of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and computer programs in general.
-Produce daily project logs so that the daily schedule runs smoothly and productively.
-Professionally correspond with internal and external parties through email and phone calls to delegate shipping
details and exceptions.
-Thoroughly determine that orders are packed correctly and are shipped out on a timely basis.
-Use of Sage software to verify orders are not on hold and that they contain all details and materials necessary to
-Correctly input receipts of goods to reflect accurate inventory.
-Utilize shipping software to produce packing labels and Bill of Lading with accuracy and detail to ensure they are
shipped to the correct destination.
-Run and send end of day shipping and tracking reports to Sales and Support.
-Respond to emails in a most professional manner.
-Answer the phone timely and professionally.
-Assist on the shipping dock when needed.
-Proven proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and all things computer related.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please reach out to Kristi Shaffer at firstname.lastname@example.org