Job Opportunities Submitted to ESCC
NASA Internship Opportunity
Undergraduate and Graduate Students can apply for paid internship opportunities online at: NASA – Internships and Fellowships or https://intern.nasa.gov/. Students can select Goddard Space Flight Center which includes Wallops Flight Facility, or any NASA location of interest.
Office Manager Position at Nature Conservancy
The Nature Conservancy is soliciting applications for an Office Manager to provide administrative, budget/expense support, research, contract management, and other general assistance to VVCR program staff working toward our protection, conservation, or stewardship goals. The Office Manager will also work with the public and help with event planning and hospitality. This is a full-time, permanent position. Basic qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of related work experience.
To see complete details for this position and to apply:
1. Go to www.nature.org/careers
2. Click Current Job Opportunities,
3. Search jobs by the position title and/or location
4. Click Apply Now to submit an online application by 11:59 pm on October 31, 2021.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Positions Available at Cape Charles Bistro
Please see PDF for information on positions available.
Northampton County Schools Hiring Substitutes
Substitute Rate of Pay:
Teachers & Paraprofessionals, Daily:
Non-Degreed $84.00 per day (7.63 hours/day)
Degreed $100.00 per day (7.63 hours/day)
Non-degreed $105.00 per day (7.63 hours/day)
Degreed $125.00 per day (7.63 hours/day)
*We are currently seeking a long-term substitute teacher for Culinary Arts*
Please apply online at www.ncpsk12.com or call 757-678-5151 Ext. 2001.
ESCC Executive Administrative Assistant
The Executive Administrative Assistant will provide direct administrative support to the President and serve as liaison between the President and faculty, administration, staff, and the community.
- Experience as an Administrative Assistant to a senior level executive position
- Experience in managing schedules and activities
- Experience in preparing, drafting, and distributing minutes of meetings
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing, with diverse internal and external customers
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information confidentiality as well as provide a professional office and telephone presence.
- Experience managing a budget, knowledge accounting, and electronic procurement system.
- Advanced skill and experience using PC based software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access Database plus other office equipment
- Ability to provide good customer service
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
Prep and Cook Position at DaVinci’s in Onancock
DaVinci’s Italian Kitchen at 46 King St. Onancock is seeking a pizza prep and cook and is willing to train the right person. Interest persons should contact Vince at 757-710-5768. Restaurant hours are Wednesday and Thursday, 4:00 – 8:00 p.m. and Friday and Saturday, 12:00 – 8:00 p.m.
On-Site Laborer Position in Wachapreague
E.T. Gresham Company, a 105-year-old company based in Norfolk, is looking to fill a laborer position on our jobsite in Wachapreague!
Interested candidates should contact Tony Griffin: email@example.com or 757-301-0612.
HVAC Mechanic Position at Langley (Hampton, VA)
– Supports the Maintenance Services group
– Installs, maintains, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies refrigeration, heating and air conditioning systems and equipment
– Checks units for damage, wear of parts, and evidence of breakdown
– Tests automatic pressure regulators, thermostats, valves, controls and regulators
– Looks and tests for CFC gas towers, pumps, ducting, fans and other parts
– Bleeds systems and inspects for leaks and other defects
– Disassembles, repairs, and reassembles parts such as valves, springs, rings, pistons, shaft seals, main bearings,
packing, couplings, etc…
– Starts equipment and checks for efficient operation
– Performs other related duties as required
Qualifications – External
U.S. Citizenship required. Six years experience or any equivalent combination of experience and training in a designated
field, craft, or trade that can be documented by a certificate or diploma from a reputable organization, school, or trade
program. Must be able to effectively communicate and follow instructions. Exercise diligence when developing a Safe
Plan of Action (SPA) for each task performed. The Safe Plan of Action (SPA) is a company provided tool to be used for
the prevention of incidents, accidents, and injuries: as such, it is the most important tool that we are required to use.
Test environment – May be exposed to areas of high noise levels, hazardous propellants, explosives, chemicals and
industrial facilities. (90%) Travel between various facilities and during test operations may be required and may bring
exposure to loud noise and potentially hazardous equipment operation and environment (10%). All safety rules and
regulations must be followed at all times without exception.
Visual and physical (hands on) contact of mechanical related systems, hardware, articles (50%). Must be able to walk,
stand, bend, twist and sit for extended periods as well as climb various heights, crawl in confined spaces, and lift up to 35
lbs. (20%), body mobility (60%) and ability (where applicable) to distinguish colors.
Equipment and Machines
Standard HVAC Mechanic’s tool box, including manifold gauge set, multi-meter and clamp-on ammeter. (80%) Personal
computers, computer terminals, related equipment. (30%) Safety and personal protective equipment. (80%)
Standard office equipment – PC, telephone, fax, copier, etc. (10%)
Safety and personal protective equipment (PPE) (10%)
Below are step by step instructions for how to apply.
- Go to www.jacobs.com
- Click the Careers button on the top menu bar
- Select “Search Jobs” in the blue menu bar below
- Type the requisition number in the “What” box or view openings by location
- Click the magnifying glass to begin your search
Job Opening at the Cape Charles Candy Company
Cape Charles Candy Company is hiring! We are looking for an energetic person to join our team this fall. We offer flexible hours and a fun environment! Contact Jordan at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and an application or stop in the store to pick up an application, 300 Mason Avenue, Unit E, Cape Charles, Virginia 23310.
Technology/Social Media Support Specialist – Market Street UMC
Creative, detailed person needed to work with Pastor and church office in Onancock, VA. Flexible 10 hours per week, can be remote.
Update and maintain Social Media platforms that include Facebook, Weebly hosted Website. Produce weekly PowerPoint presentations and slide announcements, convert videos for use in worship.
Knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Movie Maker, YouTube, Uniconverter or equivalent technical software.
Send resume and cover letter by Sept. 3, 2021, to email@example.com.
Church Administrator/Bookkeeper -Hungars Cure
Competitively paid part-time (16 hours a week) position is available immediately for the right candidate for the position of Administrator/Bookkeeper. The scope of the position is as follows:
Provide office management for two small Episcopal churches headquartered in Eastville Virginia. This includes reception, correspondence, worship guides, and parish communications such as newsletter and website. Provide bookkeeping for Hungars Cure, the parent organization of the two churches. The successful candidate will possess a college or technical degree and a minimum of 3 years administrative experience, website, social media, Microsoft Word, Excel, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Position reports to the Priest in Charge.
Please send resume and cover letter per email to HCparish@gmail.com. Subject: Candidate Search.
Digital Media Communication Specialist-Pinnacle Living
25-30 hours per week
$15 – $20 per hour commensurate with experience.
Do you want to use your skills with social and digital media to help a great organization attract and retain top healthcare and service professionals to one of the best providers of senior living in Virginia? Pinnacle Living, a four-time Richmond Times Top Workplaces winner, is looking for an individual with knowledge of social media applications to enhance our recruitment efforts on various digital platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Tik-Tok, and Snapchat.
- Working knowledge of social and digital media necessary.
- Text recruiting and web page development a plus.
- Ability to learn and use the Keldair applicant tracking system necessary.
- Flexible work location either in our Glen Allen office or virtually with flexible hours.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pinnacle Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Full-time Teaching Position at Shore-Up Inc. in Salisbury
Hours are typically Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
SHORE UP! Inc. is seeking experienced, motivated teachers to plan and implement daily classroom curriculum and activities for up to 20 children ages 3 and 4. Teachers will assist in the delivery of health, education and social services to Head Start Program children and their families. This includes children with intellectual and/or physical disabilities.
• Child Development Associate (CDA)Trainee
Must have a high school diploma or GED and currently working on Child Development Associate (CDA) credential while obtaining experience working with infants and toddlers; or has immediate plans to obtain the credential.
• Teacher I
Must have a high school diploma or GED and has a current Child Development Associate (CDA) credential
• Teacher II
Must have an associate degree in Early Childhood Education or related field including Child Development, Special Education, Human Development/Ecology, Child & Studies, Psychology – Birth to 8 or Social Work. Experience working with infants and toddlers is preferred
• Teacher III
Must have a bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field including Child Development, Special Education, Human Development/Ecology, Child & Studies, Psychology – Birth to 8 or Social Work. Experience working with infants and toddlers is preferred.
Required Background Checks and Health Assessments:
• Successful completion of a criminal background investigation
• Successful completion of a physical examination
• Successful completion of a TB assessment
Benefits of working for SHORE UP! Inc.
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Employer paid life insurance
• Paid holidays
How to apply:
• Please submit your resume to email@example.com