Eastern Shore Community College is a two-year public institution of higher education and the smallest of the 23 community colleges in Virginia. The College serves two rural counties, Accomack and Northampton, on the Eastern Shore of Virginia.
Information on position openings at ESCC will be posted on this website and the VCCS Jobs Site.
To be considered for any vacancy, please submit your application through the VCCS Jobs Site.
Career Services Mentor
Eastern Shore Community College is launching a Contact to Career program. This position will enhance and promote Contact to Career by creating and successfully leading a comprehensive Career Services program. The Career Services Counselor will ensure that all ESCC students are guided from their first college contact through to employment and assist in the design and implementation of a comprehensive Career Services program at Eastern Shore Community College.
- develop working knowledge of career assessments and to develop individual career plans
- learn and apply career counseling theories and techniques
- learn and apply knowledge of labor markets
- analyze and interpret data and resolve problems
- collaborate and work as a member of the team
- learn and successfully use student information systems, online career management systems, and social media
- interpret and apply policies and procedures in a community college environment
Demonstrated skills and ability to:
- provide career counseling
- work with a diverse faculty, staff, and student population
- establish positive working relationships with local, state and federal agencies, employers, and professional organizations
- effectively manage multiple tasks within deadlines
- exercise appropriate judgment and maintain confidentiality regarding a variety of sensitive information
Knowledge of project and event planning – ability to organize activities such as employer visits and career and job fairs
Exceptional interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and organizational skills
Skilled in the use of personal computers and office software
Applicants must have at least a bachelor’s degree in business, counseling, human resources, social services, education, or a
related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Executive Administrative Assistant to the President
The Executive Administrative Assistant will provide direct administrative support to the President and serve as liaison between the President and faculty, administration, staff, and the community.
- Experience as an Administrative Assistant to a senior level executive position
- Experience in managing schedules and activities
- Experience in preparing, drafting, and distributing minutes of meetings
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing, with diverse internal and external customers
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information confidentiality as well as provide a professional office and telephone presence.
- Experience managing a budget, knowledge accounting, and electronic procurement system.
- Advanced skill and experience using PC based software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access Database plus other office equipment
- Ability to provide good customer service
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
Student Activities Coordinator
The Student Activities Coordinator will plan co-curricular activities, events and experiences designed to enrich student’s collegiate experiences; contribute to student’s personal, emotional, cultural and social development; and foster an environment where students develop a sense of belonging to ESCC.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Support student clubs, club sponsors, and club leaders with the development and implementation of activities
- Establish and support new student clubs, organizations and affinity groups
- Assist with student outreach for recruitment, enrollment, and retention
- Coordinate co-curricular activities, speakers, events, field trips, experiences, etc.
- Coordinate the purchase of supplies and equipment related to student activities
- Assist with the planning and implementation of student orientation
- Create leadership opportunities for students
- Create and maintain a calendar of events for student activities
- Maintain and edit student club and organizational manual/handbook
- Collaborate with other College clubs, organizations, advisors and personnel
Adult Education Instructor
|The ABE/GED Program offers adult learners who have not completed High School the opportunity to gain a high school equivalency credential through individualized instruction and classes in adult basic education, literacy and GED preparation. The Integrated English Literacy-Civics Program offers adult learners English instruction in speaking, listening, reading, and writing to enable them to function effectively in family life, the workplace, and the community. Workforce readiness skills are also an important part of Adult Education and are offered within classes and as a separate class for those adults who are looking to enhance their skills for entry/reentry into the workforce. The Adult Education program operates as part of ESCC’s Workforce Development Services department. |
Part-time adult education instructor: teach students adult basic education and prepare students to pass the high school equivalency test and/or learn to speak, read and write the English language; teach students workplace readiness skills to include resume writing, soft skills and employment skills, administer assessments; participate in staff development to learn best practices of instruction; assist the Fast Forward Career Coach in moving students into post-secondary education and the job market.
Qualifications and application information
Student Services Assistant
The Student Services Assistant will assist the Student Service department in delivering quality student services to prospective and current students from their initial contact, through admissions, registration and enrollment. The purpose of the position is to provide help desk services which includes receiving visitors in the student services lobby, directing them to appropriate offices, assisting students with the electronic application and enrollment process, providing general information, answering phone calls, scheduling advising and placement testing, and assisting Student Services offices, as needed.
Position Summary: This position will perform manual maintenance, grounds, trades and custodial tasks in and around campus buildings and grounds. Building maintenance and custodial duties to include classrooms, offices, conference rooms, hallways, labs, restrooms and lectures halls. Assist in moving furniture and equipment; stripping and waxing floors; setup and breakdown for special events; maintaining approximately 113 acres of grounds including mowing, weed control, landscaping and pruning. Assist with cleanup associated with inclement weather conditions.
This position is considered essential and may be required to report to work during inclement weather and/or emergencies. May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.
ESCC invites applications for an Adjunct Faculty position for the following disciplines for 2020 and future semesters. These are part-time positions and not eligible for benefits. View details for specific positions on the VCCS Jobs Site.
- Drafting / Computer-aided Drafting
- Political Science
- Medical Assistant
- Electrical Technology
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
Security Officer II
The Security Officer position works to ensure a safe environment for staff, students and visitors of the campus. The purpose of these positions is for assistance to staff, students, and visitors by providing information, directions, and access to various areas of the campus. To protect property from theft or damage and protect persons from hazards or interference. Patrols campus to check for irregularities and responds accordingly by contacting emergency responders, if necessary. To preserve order and enforce regulations pertaining to personnel, students, visitors, and premises. Apply Here.
ESCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Virginia Community College System and Eastern Shore Community College to provide equal employment and educational opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, political affliation, veteran status, gender, age, or sexual orientation and for all otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. This policy permits appropriate employment preference for veterans.