The Eastern Shore Community College Learning Resources Center advances the mission of Eastern Shore Community College by supporting the teaching, learning and research needs of ESCC students and faculty. The LRC provides excellence and innovation in resources and 21st Century technologies empowering the college community to be lifelong learners and effective users of information.
The Eastern Shore Community College Learning Resources Center provides a dynamic, high quality teaching library that enhances student learning by providing access to information for face-to-face, hybrid or online programs or courses. The LRC partners with faculty to ensure that information literacy is an integral part of the learning process. In addition to supporting the educational goals of the College, the LRC functions as a vital information and technology resource for the Eastern Shore community.
The library staff shares these values as we work together to accomplish our vision.
We value education and lifelong learning:
- Support for the college’s mission of teaching and learning
- Primary focus on connecting students, faculty, and staff with information
- Equitable access to information on campus and from remote locations
- Information literacy instruction integrated with teaching, learning and research
- Services available to the community
- Safe, comfortable facilities conducive to learning, study and research
We value excellence in service:
- Respect for the individual patron
- Protection of user privacy and confidentiality
- Qualified, well-trained customer-oriented staff
- Personal and professional growth opportunities for staff
- Creative and responsive services as new challenges emerge
- Informative library Web page designed for successful research
We value the provision and sharing of diverse information resources:
- Careful selection and organization of balanced, appropriate resources
- Support for curricular and research needs
- Respect for intellectual freedom and intellectual property rights
- Traditional formats and innovative technology for on-campus and remote access
- Emerging technologies that enhance instruction and information retrieval
- Communication, cooperation and collegiality