- To provide educational services that will lead to a GED for adults.
- To provide instructional services to adults to prepare them for the changing workforce and assist them in helping their children to succeed in school.
- To provide English language instruction to non-native English speakers on the Eastern Shore.
- To assist learners in developing their abilities to navigate within American society through both language instruction and cultural awareness.
- To empower individuals for independent lifelong learning by helping them develop the necessary language tools and learning strategies.
To improve the skills of adults, thereby enabling them to accomplish one or more of the following:
- Attain a GED
- Speak the English language
- Improve digital literacy skills with the Northstar Digital Literacy program
- Enroll in a college or training program
- Obtain or keep a current job
- Help their children succeed in school