Provision of disability services is an integral part of Student Services at ESCC. Our mission is to provide support services to students with disabilities that will allow equal access to college classes, services, and events. Services are free and open to any student with a disability who provides appropriate documentation of their disability and makes a request for services through the Disability Services Coordinator. The coordination of services is provided by a counseling professional and adheres to the Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct established by the American Psychological Association.
Important Information about Disability
- Disability Services Intake Form 2017
- Disability Services Documentation
- Disclosing a Disability in Postsecondary Settings
Information for Students Requiring Accomodations
Students desiring accommodations for a disability while attending Eastern Shore Community College should make an appointment for an intake interview by contacting Student Services at 757-789-1720.
Students requesting disability services must first meet all ESCC admission requirements including placement testing. Then they will be required to:
- Disclose all relevant information pertinent to their disability.
- Provide (at own expense), if requested, recent documentation regarding the type and extent of their disability as well as specific accommodations required in a college setting.
- Develop a plan for accommodations with the Disability Coordinator within forty-five days of the expected onset of services.
- Follow through by providing a copy of their approved accommodations plan to each of their college professors no later than the end of the student’s first week of class and by alerting the disability services coordinator of problems and /or a need for review of services in a timely manner. This step should be repeated with the onset of each new semester.
ESCC Disability Services Administrative Committee:
Annette Edwards, Vice-President, Finance and Administration
Disability Services Coordinator – Cheryll Mills, Coordinator for Student/Enrollment Services
Concerns regarding disability services at ESCC are to be first taken to the Disability Services Coordinator. Services or accommodations requiring a committee decision will be referred to the ESCC Disability Services Administrative Committee. Students wishing to appeal decisions made by this committee may appeal by contacting the President of ESCC. Unresolved issues may be referred to the U.S. Office of Civil Rights for investigation.
Are you registered to vote?
If not, you may take steps to become a registered voter by following the steps indicated on the voter registration website. If you should require assistance with this process, please inform the Disability Services Coordinator.