The Library provides thousands of electronic books and reference works for students and faculty who wish to use resources both on and off campus.
- BOOKS@OVID – Key medical, nursing and pharmacy texts from well-respected publishers
- CREDO Reference – An award-winning database perfect for finding background information
- EBSCOhost eBooks – Full-text print materials, such as reference books, scholarly monographs, and trade books
- GALE Virtual Reference – Encyclopedias, almanacs, other trusted works on many subject areas
- OVERDRIVE – Best-selling audiobooks which may be downloaded to personal devices
- OXFORD Reference Online – Trusted language and subject reference works
- SAFARI Books Online – Business and information technology books
- SALEM Press – Full-text sources for health, history, literature, science
- SPRINGER Link – Scientific documents from books, journals and reference works
Where are the materials placed on reserve by instructors?
They are located at the Circulation Desk. Just ask any staff member.
Does the Library have any E-Books?
We have thousands of titles available in full text in our Library catalog, which students may download onto their own computers. For off-campus use, you will be asked for your MyESCC username and password.
Is there a collection of audiobooks?
Yes, we have classic fiction titles on CDs, located in VCCSLinc. We also have OverDrive, a digital collection of best-selling titles, which may be downloaded onto personal devices.
Does the library have current editions of magazines and newspapers?
Current magazines and newspapers are shelved alphabetically and kept in the library until the information is outdated or available on the computer. Those materials do not circulate.