Canvas Training at ESCC
ESCC is willing to schedule one-on-one meetings with faculty to assist with getting courses ready on Canvas. Please email Chevelle Mason firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
Common Canvas Questions
- How do I use the course Home Page?
- How do I view a course as a test student using Student View?
- How do I create an Announcement?
- How do I email my students?
- What assignment types can I create in a course?
- How do I create an Assignment?
- How do I create a Quiz?
- How do I create a Discussion?
- How do I use the Gradebook?
- How do make my content accessible to all users in Canvas?
- How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as an instructor? [or view the complete PDF Guide]
- Where can I download the Canvas Teacher app for my mobile device?
Other Canvas Resources
- VCCS Canvas Live Webinars
- VCCS Canvas Webinar Recordings
- Move Blackboard Tests into Canvas [watch the video, 2:37 with captions]
- Move Blackboard Course Files to Canvas [watch the video, 3:43 with captions]
- Turnitin Plagiarism Tool – Help Resources
- VCCS Canvas Webinar Recording – 5 Engaging Ways to Use Arc in Your Canvas Course [57:39]
- Setting Up and Using Zoom LTI in Canvas for Online Office Hours [video, 3:16 with captions]
- Using Google Meet in Canvas for Online Office Hours
- Canvas Instructor Guides – Table of Contents
- Canvas Basics Guide – Table of Contents
- Video Guide – Table of Contents
- Canvas Instructor Tour Videos
- Guides: Arc
- Guides: Commons
- Canvas Training Portal
- Where can I download the Guides PDF manuals?
Canvas Help & Support
The VCCS has purchased Canvas Tier 1 Support, which includes 24/7/365 direct access to Canvas Support, including, phone, chat, and email options. Other support options include the Canvas Guides. These include step-by-step guides on how to do just about anything in Canvas.
Want to chat with a Canvas expert? Chat with Canvas Support
Call Canvas, anytime. They are here to help!
(877) 875-8425 or email: email@example.com
In your Canvas course, there is a help button on the lower left global navigation menu. Clicking it will bring you to all these help and support resources.