Foundation Oyster Roast is January 27th!
Supporting Scholarships with an Eastern Shore Tradition
Now in its 4th year, Eastern Shore Community College Foundation is hosting its annual Oyster Roast fundraiser on Friday, January 27th from 5:00pm-9:00pm. All proceeds support scholarships and services for students. The event is held on campus, both outdoors under a tent with heaters, and inside the Workforce Development Building and Great Hall.
ESCC Foundation’s Oyster Roast has become a fast favorite in the early part of each calendar year, tapping into the rich Eastern Shore oyster roast tradition with a cause that has lasting impact on local students. This is ESCC’s top fundraiser for scholarships and services to help local students enroll and complete at ESCC.
Attendees enjoy locally sourced oysters and clams roasted and steamed on site along with homemade clam chowder all provided by ESCC Alumni Sylvester Martinez, veteran of Eastern Shore Events and Rentals. Wendell Distributing will provide local craft beer, plus wine and sodas. To round out the menu, Exmore Diner will feature BBQ and side dishes, served by ESCC’s own student ambassadors.
ESCC is adding a new Silent Auction this year with items donated by local and regional businesses including:
· Luxury picnic by Boss Lady Events
· Chatham Vineyards wine tasting
· Billy Crockett Miniature Shorebird Carving
· Peter Egan Carving
· ODU basketball – second rows seats and VIP Lounge passes
· Golf package at ESYCC
· Gift Basket from Cape Charles businesses
· Reiki and Life Coaching session with Dr. Darrien Jamar
· Gift Basket from Onancock businesses
· Gift certificates from various shops and restaurants all over the Shore
In addition to the great menu, live music has become a staple at the event. This year’s featured entertainment will be Hampton Roads favorite The Jason Cale Band. Recently voted top guitar talent for 2022 by the Tidewater Music Association, Jason and his band produce a broad palette of sound ranging from original rock and blues, to soulful funk and jazz. Cale has toured the world with both Army and Air Force bands and has collaborated with a range of artists including Grace Potter, Blues Traveler, Joe Bonamassa, and many others. His deep southern roots stretch from New Orleans to Mobile, Alabama.
A great evening of food and music is planned. Executive Director of ESCC Foundation Patty Kellam explains:
“We are so appreciative of our sponsors, friends and business partners who support our Oyster Roast, especially Lead Sponsor Taylor Bank and Major Sponsor Wilbanks Smith & Thomas Asset Management. We also thank our businesses and artisans for helping us launch a silent auction this year. There are lots of great items to bid on.”
We hope the Eastern Shore community will join us for a great evening of local seafood, live music and camaraderie to support Your Eastern Shore Community College so we can keep our classes and job trainings accessible and available to all.”
Tickets are $65 and can be purchased online (with a service fee) or by calling Dena Lyons at 757-789-1741. A limited number of tickets are sold, so those interested should move fast for availability. For more information please contact Patty Kellam at 757-789-1749 or email email@example.com.
- Taylor Bank (Lead)
- Wilbanks, Smith & Thomas (Major)
- David & Melody Landsberger (Major)
- Anonymous (Major)
- PNC Bank
- Weichert Realtors, Mason-Davis & Accomack Title
- Riverside Shore Health Services
- Atlantic Union Bank
- Davis Disposal
- Eastern Shore Signs
- John Fiege, CFP
- LJ Kellam Construction
- Preston Ford
- RRMM Architects (Dan Hickok)
- Sentinel Robotic Solutions
- Seybolt Family (In Memory of Dr. John C. Fiege)
- Wagner Macula and Retina Center
- Willie Randall-Edward Jones
- Neville Family (In Memory of Barry Neville)
- Atlantic Animal Hospital
- Bundick Well and Pump
- Butch and Sheryl Williamson
- Children’s Harbor
- Dr. Jim and Peggy Shaeffer
- H.W. Drummond Inc.
- Leatherbury Broache
- Rachel Kellam
- Ray & Julita Wood
- Roberta Newman & Chuck Little
- Royal Farms
- Shore United Bank
- Jeff & Karen Tanner
- William Wrobel
- WESR Radio