2018 Distinguished AlumniCategory: Alumni
The ESCC Foundation is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2018 ESCC Distinguished Alumni awards. This annual award is presented to ESCC alumni in recognition of outstanding professional achievement and community service.
This year it was decided that we would take a look around us at Eastern Shore Community College and celebrate the number of alumni who are on our team in various areas on campus. We are very proud to say that the following staff members are also former students at ESCC.
- Violet Nedab, 1992, Receptionist and Switchboard
- Brittany Pettit, 2011, Workforce Development Information Specialist
- Kentrelle Walker, 2011, WIOA Case Manager and Eligibility Staff
- Malcolm White, 1998, IT Technologist
- Jay Welch, 2004, IT Technologist 2004
- Nancy Lewis, 1988, Business Office
- Artima Taylor-Thornton, 2010, Registrar
- Lakesha Gummeson, 2011, Testing Coordinator
All of these alumni were acknowledged in addition to Roshell Brown, who recently departed for an opportunity at Wallops Island.
These individuals were celebrated at a recent luncheon at Workforce Development Services on April 6th, attended by ESCC Board and Foundation members, donors, and recent ESCC scholarship recipients.
Eastern Shore Community College thanks these awards recipients not only for their service to the mission of the college, but also for letting ESCC play a prominent role in their education. We enjoy hearing about our alumni in a multitude of careers on the Shore and beyond, and are certainly proud to have access to a number of their talents right here on our campus.