Dual Enrollment Students Orient to LRC
Students Discover the Many Resources of the ESCC Library
LRC Support Specialist Ryan Webb led an orientation introducing Professor Duffman’s ENG 111 dual enrollment class to databases that can be accessed through the library homepage. Students were tasked with finding articles and other resources to use for their upcoming persuasive essay assignment. After some brainstorming, students went about entering their keywords and performing preliminary research into various topics of interest to them.
The session concluded with an introduction to Library Research Guides (LibGuides) and how to access them from the library homepage. These guides are a critical resource because they teach valuable skills that empower students to complete their best work at ESCC and beyond. Should students need more assistance with research, writing, and citing, they are encouraged to make an appointment with LRC staff by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 757-789-1722, or stopping by the LRC on the second floor of the main academic building.
A reminder that the Learning Resource Center at ESCC offers:
● FREE assistance to currently enrolled ESCC students at all stages of completing an assignment, from brainstorming to revision.
● Help locating resources, using technology, writing and citing
● A 45-minute appointment with an academic expert once per week
● Walk-in appointments (subject to availability)
● One-to-one tutoring, in-person and online (via Zoom)
Hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00am-6:00pm and Fridays from 8:00am-11:00am. Learn more about the LRC and access additional resources.