The VPT English test includes a multiple choice reading comprehension test and a written essay which is graded along five domains: organization; focus, development, and support; vocabulary; sentence structure; and mechanics. Since the essay is weighted and counts for 60% of your English test score, it recommended that students:
- Organize their essay by developing an outline or diagram
- Write in a clear and coherent manner using a minimum of 300-500 words with multiple paragraphs
- Stay on topic and avoid repeating the same words and thoughts
- Avoid copying and pasting the essay prompt into your essay as filler
English Study Resources:
The VPT Math test consists of multiple-choice items that measure skills in the following areas:
- Operations – Mastery of operations and basic concepts with whole numbers, fractions, decimals, percentages, algebraic basics and order of operations.
- Equations – Applying sequences of first degree and linear equations, inequalities, systems of linear equations in one and two variables, and quadratic equations.
- Expressions, Functions and Graphing – Demonstrating conceptual understanding principles and relationships of exponents, factoring, parabolas, rational expressions and exponents, radicals and functions.
Note: Students are permitted to use the online calculator provided within the test on all but the first unit of the test. Students are not permitted to bring their own calculators.
Math Study Resources: