Amy Shockley, Program Coordinator, Adult Education
Eastern Shore Community College’s Adult Education Program, in cooperation with the Accomack and Northampton County School Divisions, serves adults, age 18 and older, who wish to improve their basic academic skills in reading, writing and mathematics. Instruction is designed for learners who have been away from formal education for some time. The focus is on meeting learner needs in the workplace by furthering education, preparing for the GED, providing additional preparation for college-level academic work, and/or improving English language skills.
- To provide educational services that will lead to a GED for adults who currently are without a high school diploma.
- To provide instructional services to adults to prepare them for the changing work force and assist them in helping their children to succeed in school.
- To provide English language instruction to non-native English speakers on the Eastern Shore.
- To assist learners in developing their abilities to navigate within American society through both language instruction and cultural awareness.
- To empower individuals for independent lifelong learning by helping them develop the necessary language tools and learning strategies.
To improve the skills of adults, thereby enabling them to accomplish one or more of the following:
- Attain a GED or other credential such as WorkKeys™ and the Career Readiness Certification (CRC);
- Enroll in a college or training program;
- Obtain or keep a current job;
- Help their children succeed in school;
- Speak the English language
Eastern Shore Community College’s Adult Education programs provide area adults with the educational opportunities needed to be successful workers, parents and community members. We offer high quality services at affordable cost to a diverse adult population.
Take Your GED Test on Computer
Know your test score before you leave the center. Virginia/Eastern Shore Community College now offers the GED test on computer, a brand new way to take today’s test and earn your GED credential. The GED test on computer offers test-takers a better testing experience, featuring:
- Instant score results
- 24/7 registration and scheduling online
- Finish one section, move on to the next at your own pace
The GED test on computer is a convenient new way to test. Register today and find out where you can take the GED test on computer in Virginia. Remember: The GED test must be taken in person, at an official GED testing center.
With the GED test on computer, success is just clicks away. Register today at ged.com
If you need help, contact Chevelle Mason at 757-789-1794 or visit the White Building before 3 pm.
For more information
GED Program – Earn your GED at ESCC.
ESL Program – Learn to speak English as a second language.