Eve Belote, Executive Director ESCC Foundation
Incorporated in 1997, the Foundation is the supporting arm of the College, but it is fiscally and organizationally separate from the College.
To be a model for support of higher education by enabling the highest quality academic and vocational opportunities and experiences that meets the needs of the Eastern Shore community.
The mission of the Eastern Shore Community College Foundation is to make a positive difference in the lives of all Eastern Shore citizens by helping to provide the best possible learning and teaching environment.
The Mission shall be accomplished by implementation of the following Mission Objectives:
- Assist today’s students in maximizing the educational experience.
- Support ESCC in providing the highest quality, relevant educational experience.
- Encourage and enable future students to pursue and achieve their educational goals in support of the Rural Virginia initiative.
- Assist in integrating ESCC into the regional public and private sector domain to promote economic and workforce development.
- Secure enabling funding from business, government, non-profit organizations, and private individuals to support the preceding mission objectives and the Foundation’s own administrative operations.
Since its inception, the Foundation has raised close to $3 million through annual fund drives, a major gifts campaign and fund-raising events. These funds have been used to construct a new Workforce Development Center and college access road, purchase furniture and equipment, support the Project Horizons program, and increase its endowment to ensure that future students get the assistance they need to attend ESCC.
In addition, the money the Foundation raises provides ten ESCC Foundation scholarships. The Foundation also serves as the administrator for scholarships that are funded by individuals or organizations. These scholarships are a lifeline for many of our students; without them, these students would not be able to attend ESCC. Recipients of these scholarships tell the Board “This is the start of my career, thanks to your generosity” and “Your assistance will enable me to concentrate on my academic performance without having to worry about the financial burden”.
We appreciate your support of the ESCC Foundation’s goals and hope that you will continue to assist our efforts by making a donation or a pledge. Your company or organization may also have a special program which allows your donation to be matched.
There are many ways to contribute to the Foundation. Please view our comprehensive guide on Ways of Giving.
Scholarship packets are available after April 1st from area high school guidance counselors or from the ESCC Financial Aid Office located in the Student Services lobby of the main academic building. Check this listing of scholarships available through the ESCC Foundation (ESCC Foundation Scholarship Application 2017-2018) or community scholarships.