FANTIC (Financial Aid for Noncredit Training Leading to Industry Recognized Credentials) provides funding for students who meet the eligibility requirements and are not eligible for other financial assistance.
- 1/3 is due by the student at time of registration. FANTIC can help will up 90% of this cost.
- 1/3 is paid by other funding when you successfully complete the class.
- 1/3 is paid by other funding when you earn the credential.
This financial assistance will pay for a maximum of 90% of the student’s cost of the program. Qualified students are responsible for a minimum of 10% of student cost of the training at the time of registration.
Note: Funding for the FANTIC program is limited and subject to availability.
- Be a US Citizen or eligible noncitizen
- Be in compliance with Selective Service registration
- Enroll in a pre-approved ESCC FastForward program
- Be domiciled in Virginia (VCCS Domicile Determiniation Form [PDF])
- Be 18 years old and have completed high school or high school equivalency
- Be 19 years or older if NOT completed high school or high school equivalency
- Not be enrolled in an associate or bachelor degree program, unless the FastForward training provides training related to the degree program and is necessary to meet a job requirement or advance employment success
- Be ineligible for other forms of tuition funding including employer assistance plans or other tuition assistance programs or other state or federal programs
- Demonstrate financial need based on household income
Documents required at time of application
- Birth Certificate
- Driver’s License
- SSN Card (signed)
- SNAP or TANF benefits (Notice of Action)
- Household income: Most recent pay stub, W2, or tax transcript (choose one)
- Utility Bill, Voter’s Card, Bank Statement, Housing Contract or Rent Receipt (choose one)
ESCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Michael Driscoll, Human Resources Manager, 29300 Lankford Hwy., Melfa, VA 23410; 757.789.1754.