Health Safety Message to Students 10/27/10
Plans for Spring, Covidwise, Registration and More
HURRAY FOR THE SECOND EIGHT-WEEK SESSION!
Welcome, new students, and welcome back, students who completed the first 8-week session. That reminds me—you’ve already earned college credits. Students at most other colleges can’t say that because they have to wait until December to finish any of their courses.
THE PLAN FOR SPRING
For spring, we will continue to deliver most instruction remotely, but there are a few improvements:
· New format: Optional Zoom online classes have live zoom sessions, but for students who cannot attend during that time recordings will be available.
· More on-campus instruction: We are expanding some on-campus instruction while still observing safety guidelines.
· More live Zoom: We’ve expanded the number of classes that include live Zoom meetings.
Look for these classes in the spring schedule.
SPRING REGISTRATION BEGINS NOW
Yesterday marked the start of advising week. Please be sure to contact your advisor for guidance.
Registration begins on Monday, Nov. 2. Why register early?
· Early registrants get the best pick of classes.
· Those who register early are more likely to graduate from college.
· Procrastination is such an ugly word—say it out loud—ugly, right?
Contact: email@example.com, (757)789-1720
Come to campus on Tuesday, November 10, 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. for in-person assistance with registering for spring. You can get help with
· Applying to ESCC
· Financial aid
· And more…
Don’t forget your mask!
MORE CHROMEBOOKS, MORE LIBRARY ACCESS
We’ve reopened up the library for reservations for Mondays and Wednesdays, 4:00 – 7:00 p.m. and Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
High speed internet, comfy chairs, beautiful décor, friendly staff. Say, YES!
We’re also lending Chromebooks to students who need them.
Contact: Judith Grier, firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is a link to a short video of college students encouraging each other to download the COVIDWISE app, which can notify you if you’ve been in contact with someone who has tested positive for the virus.
YOUR EASTERN SHORE
We believe ESCC belongs to everyone on the Shore—it is your college. Please let us know how we can assist you with your educational and career dreams.
Contact: Student Services, 757-789-1720, email@example.com.
We are YES!—Your Eastern Shore.