ESCC Career Fair is November 3
For Current Students and Alumni
The ESCC Career Fair will be held on campus at the Workforce Development Services Center on Wednesday, November 3, from 10:00a.m.-2:30p.m. The event is being offered to provide current students and alumni the opportunity to explore careers, listen to panel discussions, and network with potential employers.
Event organizer Alfie Destro describes it as “a way for students to identify career related coursework and what professional job skills may be needed to pursue certain opportunities”. Attendees will be able to connect with local employers, learn about potential internships, and work-based learning partnerships.
Displays and Expo will run the duration of the event with break-out panel discussions listed below. Lunch will be provided from 12:15p.m. – 1:00p.m. and will feature keynote speaker, Mr. Steve Cook, Vice President of Workforce Innovation of the Hampton Roads Workforce Council. Mr. Cook will speak on the new Virginia Offshore Wind Project and the thousands of new jobs that it will create in coming years.
Pre-registration is requested but you can also register at the event on November 3. Registration forms can bed filled out and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org along with any questions about the event.
- Accomack County Public Schools
- Virginia Division of Rehabilitative Services
- E.S. Community Services Board
- Atlantic Union Bank
- Bay Creek Resort
- Children’s Harbor
- ESVA Chamber of Commerce
- E.S. Tourism
- Northampton County Public Schools
- Wilson Rehab Center
- Perdue Farms
- Virginia Cooperative Extension Service- Virginia Tech
- Virginia Commercial Space Flight Authority
- NASA Wallops Flight Facility
- Didlake Inc.
- Sentinel Robotic Solutions
- Tyson Foods
- Coastal Precast Systems
- UVA Coastal Research Center
- Truist Bank
- Fiege Financial Planning
- E.S. Academy of Cosmetology
- New Ravenna
- Riverside Health Systems
- U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary
Panel Discussions and Schedule
- 10:00a.m. – 10:30a.m. Tourism with Robert Sabatini of the ESVA Chamber and Ashley Forbes of Baycreek
- 10:45a.m.- 11:15a.m. Personal Services with Heather Savage of CSB, Nicole Williams of Children’s Harbor, and Lynn Owens-Goodrich of Wilson Rehab
- 11:30a.m.-12:00p.m. Professional Services with Chassity Parks of Truist Bank, John Fiege of Fiege Financial Planning, and D. Ebony Brown of the E.S. Academy of Cosmetology
- 12:15p.m. – 1:00p.m. Lunch and Keynote Speaker with Mr. Steve Cook, Vice President of Workforce Innovation of the Hampton Roads Workforce Council (Virginia Offshore Wind Project Job Prospects)
- 1:00p.m. – 1:30p.m. Agriculture and Aquaculture with Ursula Tankard of Virginia Cooperative Extension Service/VA Tech and Aimee Falcon of Perdue Farms
- 1:45p.m. – 2:15p.m. STEM with Cord Baird of UVA Coastal Research Center, Peter Bale of Sentinel Robotic Solutions, and Gloria Harris of Virginia Commercial Space Flight Authority
Displays and Expo will be accessible through the duration of the event from 10:00a.m.- 2:30p.m.