Spring Commencement Newsletter
Important Information Included for Spring Graduates
Congratulations on completing your program—now it’s time to stand and be recognized! Commencement will be held on the campus of Your Eastern Shore Community College on Wednesday, May 11, at 6:00 p.m. under a large tent.
Each graduate may invite up to four guests to the ceremony. All guests aged 3 and above need a ticket to the event. Graduates can pick tickets up on campus starting April 18, Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and Friday, 8:00 – 11:00 a.m. Students who want more than four tickets will be put on a waiting list. Waiting list tickets can be picked up starting May 2. For additional assistance, email email@example.com or call (757)789-1720.
Commencement Rehearsal will be held on Tuesday, May 10, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. on campus in the Workforce Great Hall. Please plan to attend.
Caps & Gowns (Regalia)
All graduates participating in Commencement must wear the formal cap and gown regalia. These can be ordered from Follett Bookstore (https://www.bkstr.com/esvccsstore/home) no later than May 4. The cost is $37. Students can ship the cap and gown to their home address or to ESCC for pick up on campus in the Student Services suite, firstname.lastname@example.org; (757)789-1720.
Before the Ceremony
Graduates will arrive to the main Academic building in rooms 147/148 by 5:00 p.m. to put on their caps and gowns, receive their name cards, and line up for the procession.
Graduates wishing to have a professional photo taken in front of the ESCC backdrop prior to the ceremony should arrive by 4:00 p.m. Graduates who choose not to have photos taken should arrive no later than 5:00 p.m. Guests should arrive by 5:30 p.m.
A professional photographer will take a photo of each graduate during the ceremony. Graduates wishing to also have a professional photo taken in front of ESCC backdrop prior to the ceremony should arrive by 4:00 p.m. inside the main entrance to the academic building. Order forms for the photos will be in the diploma cover each student will receive. Guests may take pictures from their seats, but are not permitted in the aisles due to safety hazards.
- Graduates and guests should wear business attire with comfortable shoes. Graduates will be walking up steps to the stage.
- Stand until all graduates and the stage party enter the tent.
- Be respectful of Commencement speakers.
- At the end of the ceremony, remain standing until the stage party and graduates have exited.
Important Dates & Times
- Last date to order cap and gown: May 4
- Commencement rehearsal: Tuesday, May 10, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. on campus
- Commencement ceremony: Wednesday, May 11, 6:00 p.m.
- In June, degrees and certificates will be ready for graduates to pick up in Student Services. Please check your email around that time.
For more information about Commencement, please visit the Commencement page on ESCC’s website: https://es.vccs.edu/commencement/. If you have questions, please email Student Services or call 757-789-1720.