Mark Flanders, Career Services Counselor
Career Counseling is intended to help you to establish career goals, confirm career/educational choices already made, and/or to transition from one profession to another.
A career counselor is available to assist you with a variety of career services, including
application and resume reviews
You are encouraged to consult with the career services counselor, Mark Flanders, at the start of your career planning (757.789.1777 or email@example.com).
Numerous resources are also available through the library or the internet.
ESCC uses College Central Network as its official resume and job posting service.
College Central Network also have podcasts with a lot of helpful information.
Great career information can be found on the web—check out these sites:
- Accredited Online Colleges Career Development Manual
- The Art Career Project
- Career One Stop
- CNA Thrive
- College Grad
- Eastern Shore Businesses
- ESCC Library Catalog
- ESCC Career Services Jobs Board
- Industry Certifications/Testing
- Master’s in Education
- Marketing Schools
- Nurses Without Borders
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Teaching Certification
- Virginia Employment Commission
Still not sure what career is right for you? Take a free assessment. (Warning: Please note that some of these sites will try to sell you an advanced assessment).
- Virginia Education Wizard - Interest, Values, and Skills Assessments (Contact Career Services Counselor, Mark Flanders, for an appointment (757.789.1777 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Career Keys
- Career Videos
- Personality Assessment
- Princeton Review
- Know How Virginia
Finding a Job
Looking for that ideal job? Perhaps these sites will help.
Who you know can have a powerful influence on your career. Learn ways to get to know the right people.
A good resume will get you an interview. These experts will help you develop your resume.
- 44 Resume Writing Tips
- Job Hunters Bible
- Job Star Central
- Microsoft Office Online: Resume Templates
- The Owl at Purdue: Resumes
- Resume Writing
- Resume Writing Service
- Riley Guide
A cover letter creates your first impression. Find out how to prepare a great one.
- Cover Letters
- Microsoft Office Online: Cover Letter Templates
- The Owl at Purdue: Cover Letters
- 200 Cover Letters
How do you ace an interview? Visit these sites to learn how.
Appearance and manners can be what makes the difference. If most of your meals are eaten in the car, on the run, or in front of the TV, check out what to do when the boss takes you to lunch.
- Dressing for Success
- Dining Etiquette
- How to Dress for Success at Work
- Job Interviews: How to Dress
- More Dining Etiquette (U.Del)
Job Offer, Salary, Relocation Information
What should I expect to get paid? What is the best approach if the salary offer is too low?
Great Career websites of other colleges
Chambers of Commerce
Want to start your own business? Connect to business leaders in your local community through the Chamber of Commerce.