The ESCC Foundation funds the Student Ambassador Program to recognize outstanding Eastern Shore Community College students who support, promote and represent ESCC at college and community functions. These students demonstrate leadership and academic excellence, as well as leadership ability and a commitment to education and Eastern Shore Community College. Two from each county will be selected for a total of 4 ambassadors per academic year.
Ambassadors will receive a $500 scholarship and a shirt or blazer identifying them as ambassadors.
Ambassadors will report to the Director of Development in conjunction with the Student Activities Coordinator and will attend monthly meetings with these individuals to coordinate events and schedules.
Student Ambassadors will:
- Become knowledgeable about ESCC history, programs and facilities
- Attend an orientation program and one ESCC Foundation board meeting
- Volunteer at a minimum of three ESCC events during the course of the academic year, such as:
- New student orientation
- Donor / fundraising events
- Heritage Festival
- Legislative visits
- Serve at public functions hosted by the College
- Serve as student representatives at committee and board meetings as necessary
All ambassadors must:
- have attended ESCC for at least one semester prior to selection
- be a full-time student
- have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- submit a letter of recommendation from an ESCC faculty or staff member
- Completion of SDV 100 – Orientation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Previous volunteer or community service