WIOA Program Manager/Case Worker
Program Administration Manager II Role Code 19215
Eastern Shore Community College is a two-year pubic institution of higher education and the smallest of the 23 community colleges in Virginia. The College serves two rural counties, Accomack and Northampton, on the Eastern Shore of Virginia. For more information, see our website at www.es.vccs.edu.
If you value People, Diversity and an Inclusive environment, we’d like to hear from you.
Reporting to the Dean of Workforce Development, the WIOA Program Manager / Case Worker is responsible for overseeing and managing the adult and youth Federal contracts awarded through the Bay Workforce Investment Board. This is a full-time, 12 month position beginning 7/1/2017 or as mutually agreed upon. This individual is to partner with ES agencies and businesses to serve adults and dislocated workers while acting as the contracts fiscal agent.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
• Hires, trains, and supervises WIOA staff.
• Attends or designates staff to attend all conferences, trainings, and meetings required by the BWIB.
• Prepares annual budgets and tracks program expenditures monthly.
• Develops billing notices to participants who do not adhere to WIOA requirements, and coordinates payments and collection efforts with the business office.
• Develops responses to requests for proposals to seek federal funds to provide services to youth, adults, and dislocated workers.
• Serves as a member of the WDS leadership team and collaborates with members to develop new programs and non-credit course offerings that may benefit WIOA participants.
• Promotes business services of the One Stop, including labor market information, job postings, ability assessments, and incumbent worker training.
• Serves as case manager for selected youth; duties include taking applications, providing career counseling, developing an individual educational plan, and ensure participants work toward their goals.
Minimum salary of $42,614 with comprehensive Commonwealth benefits package. Salary may be higher depending on qualifications and experience.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution. Must have experience managing a departmental or unit budget. Must have experience developing and maintaining relationships with businesses to develop On-the-Job training contracts, work experience contracts, and job leads. Experience working in an office setting, with excellent communication skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office with a concentration in MS Word, Excel, and presentation software.
Master’s degree from an accredited institution. Prior supervisory experience in an Academic environment. Possession of a collaborative leadership style characterized by excellent communications skills and positive interpersonal relations. A thorough understanding of and commitment to the mission of the community college.
Completed and signed state application form (available at www.es.vccs.edu > employment); cover letter explaining the match between a candidate’s background and requirements for position, and resume. Position will remain open until filled, but the initial screening of applications will begin on 3/16/17. Position is subject to a background check. Eastern Shore Community College participates with E-Verify which allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees. Applicants desiring special services or accommodations should contact the Human Resources Manager at least five days prior to the applications initial screening.
Send application to:
Michael Driscoll, HR Manager
Eastern Shore Community College
29300 Lankford Highway, Melfa, VA 23410
The selected candidate must complete an annual Statement of Personal Economic Interests as a condition of employment.
Eastern Shore Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, political affiliation, veteran status, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or age in its programs and activities. Inquiries related to the college’s nondiscrimination policy should be directed to Michael Driscoll, Human Resources Manager, 29300 Lankford Hwy., Melfa, VA 23410, 757-789-1754 (V/TDD telephone 757-789-1738).