Eastern Shore Community College, accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, is the place to go on the Shore for higher education, workforce development, continuing education and community education. For forty years ESCC has been serving the citizens of the Eastern Shore.
You can start out at ESCC and end up in any career through either our occupational/technical programs or academic transfer programs. ESCC has guaranteed admission agreements with more than 25 Virginia four-year institutions. With careful planning, most or all of your credits will transfer. In addition to our transfer and occupational/technical programs, the College also offers, GED preparation and testing, customized training, and non-credit and personal enrichment courses.
- 30% male
- 70% female
- 79% part-time
- 21% full-time
- 60% are between the ages of 18 and 24
- 10% are over 60
- 50% receive financial aid
- Financial aid is available. Almost 50% of our students receive some form of financial aid, based on financial need and/or academic performance.
- ESCC tuition and fees are approximately 35% of public four-year institutions and 10% of the average private institution
- ESCC offers classes weekdays, weeknights, and weekends and you can attend full-time or part-time to fit your schedule.
- Classes are taught by faculty, not by teaching assistants.
- Classes are much smaller than those found the freshman and sophomore years at public universities.
- ESCC offers many support services including advising, financial aid, learning resources, and others.
- ESCC serves a diverse group of students in terms of ethnicity, age, socioeconomic status, and public/private/home-school background.
- The best equipment isn’t reserved for college juniors, seniors and graduate students; it’s available to all students.